Thursday, February 23, 2012

Stretching in the Clubhouse

We have all heard the question: what would you do if you won the lottery?

For me that answer is quick to come to mind.

I would find a small space in my hometown where I could set up a workshop and make something with my hands for golfers.  One at a time.

Here's where it gets really strange, I don''t even know what that something would be.

All I know is this when I come across artisan golf products I have a response that my words fail to capture.

I am a part of a generation that only has know mass production, and when I see something that is the exact opposite it almost calls out to me.

So that is what the plan is here.  I have for years sought out these type products and forwarded the information on my finds to my inner circle of golfing buddies.  On the advice of a good friend, I decided today to start to shed my opinion on them and try and spread the word to a larger audience.

Some of these masterpieces I have been fortunate enough to have and to hold.  Some I have only admired from afar.  Either way I will give my version of the truth on what I know and what I think about them and at the end of the day I hope you enjoy.  Most important I hope I peak your interest and you seek out these folks who pour themselves into their products.

-BDL

No comments:

Post a Comment